1. Payment for service is due at the time of service. All co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance and any unpaid balance will be collected at the time of service. An administrative fee of $10 will be added to your account if your co-pay / co-insurance is not paid at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, VISA and MasterCard. We will not hold any checks. If your check is returned unpaid for any reason, a $ 37 service fee to cover administrative costs will be added to your account.
2. We will file your charges to your insurance company. Please note that your insurance company has a contract with you. If your insurance company does not pay within a reasonable period of time, you have to contact the insurance company.
3. We provide specialist service. If your insurance requires a REFERRAL from your Primary Care provider, it is your responsibility to obtain a referral before you arrive at our office. Without a current referral we will not be able to provide any service. If you choose not to obtain a referral, you may sign an insurance waiver to be seen as a self-pay patient, and pay for the service at the time of the visit.
4. It is the patient’s responsibility to keep scheduled appointments, but as a courtesy we do our best to provide reminder calls to our patients 1-2 days before the scheduled appointment. Please give us 24 hour (48 hours preferred) notice if you have to cancel or reschedule your appointment. A fee $ 25 is charged for a “NO SHOW,” which must be paid prior to your next appointment. This charge will not be filed with your insurance. As a general policy if one has 3 NO SHOWS one may be discharged from the office.
5. Charges for copying medical records are based on the charges set forth by the Georgia Office of Planning and Budget pursuant to O.C.G.A. 31-33-3. In order to comply with HIPPA regulations, a signed, written request for medical records must be received along with payment before records can be released. There is a fee of $25.00 for completion of various forms and letters by our providers to be collected when the paperwork is released.
6. If a patient walks in to the office without appointment and sees a member of the clinical staff, there will be a fee of $30. If it is determined that the patient needs to be seen by a doctor or PA, the full office visit will apply, and the patient is responsible for a co-pay / deductible.
7. Statements may be mailed to you every thirty (30) days for up to 90 days. One collection letter will be mailed to you after the last statement. Unpaid accounts may be referred to an outside collection agency.
Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns. We will be happy to talk with you about your insurance coverage or any other financial matters related to your care.